Molykote™ P-74 Paste
Solid lubricant paste used in the assembly and fitting of a wide range of components such as metal threaded connections.
A PAO based anti-seize paste formulated with solid lubricants such as graphite and white solids.
Suitable for a wide range of applications in the chemical, petrochemical, paper and automotive industry, and in engineering, wood and plastic processing; Used on bolted connections, sliding contact bearings, linear sliding guides, splined shafts, press-fit joints, exhaust bolts, spark plug threads, flanges and flange seals, door hinges, brake mechanisms and plate springs
Features & Benefits
- High load-carrying capacity
- Good corrosion protection
- Non-metallic formulation
- Wide service temperature range
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Facilitates disassembly even after extended periods and after demanding and unfavorable conditions of service
- Metal-free formulation avoids fastener brittleness or environmental contamination
- With a coefficient of friction similar to oiled bolts, tightening torques can be calculated and applied uniformly, even upon repeated loosening and tightening, aiding in:
- Uniform clamping force on flanges, valves, housings, etc.
- Increased safety against bolt fractures
- Increased safety against loosened screws due to vibration
ChemPoint has chemists and engineers with experience and market expertise to help you find the right solution. We are ready to work with you to understand your environment and help define your lubrication requirements.