Molykote™ G-N Metal Assembly Paste
Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste is a multi-purpose, heavy duty lubricating paste containing a blend of molybdenum disulfide and white solid lubricants in a mineral oil. It helps prevent galling during run-in, helps extend the service life of moving parts, and helps protect against fretting wear and corrosion as well as welding of static joints.
A mineral oil based anti-seize paste formulated with solid lubricants such as molybdenum disulfide and white solids.
Molykote® G-n Metal Assembly Paste lubricates surfaces subjected to extreme pressures. Specific applications include:
- Running-in lubricant – for new or rebuilt equipment, such as gears, splines, journal bearings, cams and ways.
- Metalworking – helps prevent galling, welding and metal pickup on tools and dies in machining, stamping, and drawing operations, tube bending, thread rolling, cold heading, swaging and forging.
- Assembly lubricant – reduces torque in tightening threaded fasteners and tension variation from bolt to bolt; eases disassembly and reduces chance of damage.
- Helps prevent fretting wear and corrosion, and cold welding of bearing shafts, bushings and splines.
- Press-fitting lubricant – allows press fitting without chatter or stick-slip in most cases; reduces the force required for interference fitting and minimizes distortion.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent protection against fretting wear and corrosion.
- Extends service life.
- Low friction.
- Lubricate beyond the yield point of most metals in boundary applications, reducing wear and helping to prevent seizing, galling and excessive friction.
- Aid run-in and reduce frictional force and surface damage.
- Low coefficient of friction allows for effective conversion of torquing force into holding force; reduces the force required for disassembly of threaded fasteners.
|Product Type:||Anti-Seize Paste|
|Solid Lubricant:||MoS2, white solids|
|Case: 100 pillow pack @ 6g:||L6522397; 5335902|
|12 ea Jar (12x500g):||5335902 Rev A; 5335902 Rev B + NOR; L6522397; PWA 587; Lockheed Martin 0511A0019|
|12 ea Tube (12x80g):||PWA 587; 5335902; L6522397|
|22 kg Pail :||5335902; L6522397; PWA 587|
|4.5 kg Pail :||PWA 587; 5335902; L6522397|
|75 kg Drum :||5335902; L6522397|
ChemPoint has chemists and engineers with experience and market expertise to help you find the right solution. We are ready to work with you to understand your environment and help define your lubrication requirements.